Monday, February 22, 2010

Lavender clouds



Yep, lavender clouds. Watched a few episodes of the Anne of Green Gables anime yesterday and well I soon found myself drawing this. Really love the backgrounds in the anime. And I've really enjoyed painting this so far..kinda.. Heh, this isn't finished though, its just a wip. I wanted to enter this for the expose 8 call for entries, but whatever. Looking at all those OMFGSHITAWESOMESOREALISTICAWESOMESHIZ artworks, I figured I didn't have all that patience to go and make this all detailed and cool and stuff like that. Not that I could anyway. Not at the mo. But then thats not necessarily my aim, I'd like to draw stuffs which look more like a painting than a photo. Something I dunno, not like ultra highly detailed photorealistic/ almost photorealistic stuff...I'd like to draw stuff that'd have their own emotions and stuffs behind them and at the same time would be more stylised and like a painting and yet have a sort of unreal look, be it slightly cartoonish or semi realistic. Dunno if I'm being able to explain it that well, ah well.

So this painting was a bit of an experiment with some brushes in Photoshop CS 3. And the following pic is a sort of quick concept that I came up with randomly while trying to brainstorm the other night for a good concept to work on for entering it into the expose 8 call for entries. I know it wouldn't be selected and stuff, but hey its just for the sake of participating so yeah.

Photoshop CS 3, wacom intuos 4.



I love drawing with my tablet, pretty different from my former mouse drawing experience and so so much better. More natural, yuss, I love you tablet~

<3

I didn't have internet since Friday and so on Saturday night I found myself watching the tv. And I got to watch two episodes of Inu Yasha the final act, and wow, was it epic or what! So I started reading the manga from today..Rumiko Takahashi has a lovely style and they've animated it soo well. I've always wanted to watch it, but never got around to watching it. And these were like the only episodes I've ever watched and the opening theme is soooo good. Love it.

yeah
I'm supposed to be having an art exam tomorrow, and I just learned of that today! Maan, wish our teacher'd let us prepare and stuff...at this rate I'll prolly vomit some crap on my exam paper tomorrow..ah well. Let's see how it goes.

Okay then
G'night all
Mony

No comments: