Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Today is mother's day and this is the picture I drew a week ago for my mother and good thing too...my mother bought me a really nice card and a box of chocolates o_O
In Bangla, parents often call their children "ma, ammu,or baba". The first two means mother or mum and the last one means dad or father, you get the idea. So in that sense my mum says that I'm her mother XDDD Lol. But anyway, the power went out around at 11:30 pm, so I couldn't print my picture..I was so pissed off, because everyone had something to give to their mother (my brother made a card for mum and my cousin eva bought this present and decorated the wall for her mother)and I didn't have my picture...the picture that I had made in advance so that I'd be able to give something to mum this year. Which by the way reminds me, that opposed to what I wrote a few posts ago, I actually made cards for my mum last year and I think the year before as well, simple yes, but I did make something. I just remembered today X_X Weird.

Yeah and then I felt so embarrassed when my mum came in with the packet containing the card an all..And then the power came back at around 1..yeah and then I quickly turned my computer on and went to photoshop, but oddly enough my printer wouldn't print from photoshop and then I went and printed it from the default windows image printing thingy. And then it worked and then I gave it to my mother. She said she really liked it. Its not that good really, but I'm glad that she likes it.

And hey I added a plurk widget, which if I may say, I joined last year late in June, urged by Tzu who joined around that time..but I haven't really been active there. But I just went there on a whim the other day and found is pretty neat. I customized the CSS a bit with my image, not that I know any CSS..just added the links and stuff and I think I'll tinker around with the layout later. Darn I killed the whole night doing that. Which sucks. :\

Since I have my AS level pure maths exam on the 12th. No more procrastinating :|

Before hitting the sack for the night, I'd like to wish every mother a very Happy Mother's Day and Kudos!

Aaaand, awesome music! Gosh I haven't written any in ages, but here are some jems I have discovered recently:

Sora no Kakera by Ayako Ikeda
Prism by Ayako Ikeda
Cherish by Ai Otsuka
Futari by Matsushita Yuya
Uragiri no Yuuyake by Theatre Brook
Mirai wo Ima by Theatre Brook

Also the spirited away sound track is awesome, go Joe Hisaishi! Can't wait till Ghibli releases Karigurashi no Arrietty, the teaser looks amazing and the music is really interesting, its Celtic :D

Youtube has some interesting comments with interesting tidbits of info floating around, you could check them out.

This song is called "Arrietty's Song".

Cécile Corbel is composing the music this time, and her style is really interesting and she sings in Japanese pretty well, especially considering the fact that she's from Brittany....I think, well she's french anyway. Plus her voice is amazing, the theme song she sang and composed, is amazing..AMAZING! Though I wonder why Joe Hisaishi isn't doing the job this time. Either ways, it seems neat. :o

Yeah, okay then, I gotta go sleep now.
Good night all,
Mony

No comments: