Thursday, May 6, 2010

Half of art exam over..

Yeah, so today I sat for the first 5 hours of my art exam, which has a total duration of 15 hours, lasting for three days, with 5 hours each day. Candidates who can finish early can leave early and I finished almost half of my picture. Its the whole lineart process that took like 3 and a half hours. Like first I sketched the perspective lines, and then with my scale adjusted the basic proportions of the chair that I was going to draw... O_o The first time I actually used perspective and a scale to draw stuff out XD Interesting experience. So yeah then I sketched everything very roughly. And then added details with my mechanical pencil and kept fixing stuff....kinda reminded me of digital art yeah. And then I started rubbing bits of the sketch and doing clean lines over them...and then once that was done I had a nice and cleanly lined picture. So then I proceeded onto add the base watercolour wash. But then time ran out and so tomorrow I'll be working on finishing the base colours and then fix it all up, add details and stuff with my pencil colours. I could used pencil colours directly, but it'd take too much time, plus since I was using pencils, if I used colour pencils directly, they kinda get smudged with the pencils and the picture gets dirty >_> So I feel a layer of flat and light watercolour washes can keep the lines intact and makes it easier to detail with coloured pencils later. Plus I love watercolours and coloured pencils, so had to use em eh.

I would've inked, but that'd make the whole image look bolder...and it wouldn't have the softer look I'm going for. Darn I seriously wish I could take photos of the process or just the image itself...but its an exam dammit. I hope CIE will return our artworks :D So then I'll get to see my picture again.

Ah I gotta go now. I really want to make this picture turn out the way I want to and so for that reason I will! I don't care whether the art teacher at my school likes it or not, I want to make it so, that if my mum were to see it, she'd like it very much and if anyone else were to see it, they'd feel the atmosphere.

Eh,wish me luck all! Gotta get em all A's!
Thanks,
ciao
Mony

No comments: