Thursday, October 22, 2009

I found these small sketchbooks in boi bichitra recently, and I bought one of them. I didn't think that I'll be finding anything like this around here, and was thinking about asking my mum to take me to new market and then I found this. The paper's got a nice texture and its kinda strong. I haven't tried any watercolour on it yet, but I hope to. But I did put my inks to use, and I must say the ink didn't seep through the other side of the page under normal pressure. Here's something me and my friend Tzu drew in a free class today.




My friend Tzu, she drew the kid and the ladder and most of the stuff in the right side. I drew the clouds, the text, the checkers, inked the star that Tzu drew. She also drew the cute fishy, the balloon and clouds at the bottom by the ladder. I drew the sharpener, pencil. Tzu inked some of it and she drew the play button thingy. We drew it with my pilot V5 and V10 grips and with my rexgrip and Tzu's uniball 0.28 pens. This was fun. I love this sorta drawing style.

Here's a page of random drawings that I did today with the pens mentioned above. I love pilot and uniball pens. They're awesome, and not just the pens, the pencils they produce are awesome. :D


The green bottle is actually my water bottle and the lantern is really referenced from this lantern hanging from the ceiling of a balcony of this house I could see from our glass window. Our current classroom has the entire left side made up of blue glass which offers a great view of the trees and houses in block-B I think. So yeah. The drawings done in blue were done using Tzu's pilot 0.25 dark blue gel pen. Anyway, these were fun to do, I coloured them using my faber castell pencil colours, which I haven't been using much these days. But now that I have a sketchbook, I feel like drawing anything and everything around me. I don't feel any restriction. Feels great. I've found somewhere to use my colour pencils again.

:D

And here's a girl wearing a Saree I drew, since this cool artist at GRAFA Tinysabya, was asking me to draw someone more Bangali. So here it goes:

I haven't drawn a lady in a Saree in over two whole years now. So I had to rub the entire thing thrice before I got this pic.Lucky for me the paper in my sketchbook is thick and didn't crumple when I was rubbing. If it was A4 printer paper, I would have to start in a new paper. Also, my mum thinks that maybe there should be more designs here, but I think I like her simple style.
I think I'll try and colour her tonight or tomorrow, whenever I'm not feeling lazy.

Okay that's all for now.
Ciao.

No comments: